Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CATCH UP???

Not quite!! There is absolutely NO way that I can catch up from my last post. So, I have decided to just share what is going on currently. First of all, I stay really, really busy with the two below:


Ethan is all BOY and such a handful. He goes CONSTANTLY!!! My mother-in-law says he is just like Jacob was when he was little....and wishes me luck. HA! She has actually given Ethan the nickname of "BAM BAM" as well. Not only is he a handful, but he is so STRONG! I have never seen a kid so strong at such a young age.....he amazes me.

New words are constant everyday for this little guy. It is such a fun stage to see him learning and soaking things up like a sponge! Some of his favorite words/phrases right now are HIPPO, BASKETBALL, HORSE, ONE..TWO..THREE, JUMP, COME ON!, THANK YOU and BABY. He has also fully embraced the word NO!! He is getting very, very good at using this word. Ha!

Ethan loves to play with his daddy, but is still clingy to me. This is probably my fault because I can't resist his sweet little expressions. Just look at this precious boy!(Ethan at about 20 months)


Now, Kaylin.....she is something. I love this girl so much! She is very outgoing and so caring. She is my "little mommy". If she is having a snack and juice, she makes sure Ethan is taken care of as well. One day, Ethan fell and hurt his hands. Before I could get to him.... Kaylin was there holding his hands telling him it was okay while giving them kisses. So sweet! She is such a good big sister.

Right now, Kaylin is very much into doing "school" things. We have a ton of workbooks that she enjoys doing. She would probably complete every page in a day, if I didn't limit her to about 10 per day!! I'm hoping this love for learning will continue through school.... especially since she will be starting Pre-K in August!!

Kaylin is sensitive and sweet. And, if you ask just about anyone....they will tell you that she almost always has a smile on her face! Look at this beautiful smile!! (Kaylin at almost 4 years old)


Kaylin's birthday is coming up on June 13th. She will be FOUR!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. To me, this picture captures her "grown-up" side. I love it because she is turning into such a beautiful little girl, but I'm sad to see her "baby girl" days go!


Speaking of "baby girl". Emily Joy will be here soon! We are very anxious for her to get here and join our family. I don't know a whole lot about her yet, but I can tell you a few things that I DO know: she absolutely LOVES to move around (which hurts mommy's belly)... so, I'm thinking she is pretty strong, she likes to hear Kaylin's voice, she never wants me to sleep, she already has some hair on her head and is estimated to be about 6lbs. 1oz. Emily will have a gentle, but jealous, brother and an amazing sister who will want to take care of her constantly and teach her new things! Here is a picture of "Emily" at her baby shower:


And to end this post.....I would like to give you a sneak peek of the room Kaylin and Emily will be sharing. Here it is:

Thanks for checking in!
Love,
THE THOME FAMILY

3 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Love the big girl room! You look great and loved getting an Thome update. Happy early birthday Kaylin!

Alison said...

Good job on the room! I'm glad your family is doing well. Can't wait to see baby Emily when she is born!

Jen--The Straightforward Mom said...

Love the room! How cool! I hope to do that for Reilly and TJ some day! :)But....not in pink.